The Minimalist
this site the web

Dance

Dance for yourself, if someone understands good. If not then no matter, go right on doing what you love.

- Louis Horst

Recently finally completed something i should have done 5 yrs back. Choreography of a dance item. The performance was held in Ngee Ann LT26. The venue is not ideal, but then its a realli good starting point for me. The dance is a joint effort between me and rulin. Without rulin, I dun think the dance could have made it on time. He poured alot of interesting idea to the dance! So hey man, u r the best, my source of inspiration! LOL

The obstacles:
I have revamped the concept 3 times, mainly due to limited resources: no props, no budget, no dancer... Then when I was about to settle down with one, I saw it being perform at TAT performance 2007 -___-" . Very similar concept, so i had to flush it away again. Those were really painful times.
Finally the 4th time, using a OST from a chinese movie Myth, we manage to put together a dance piece.

The planning stage using myth:
Initially, I was planning for an all male dance, but again no dancer... most are too busy with their career... I guess being away from Singapore for so long, makes me less resourceful... it used to be so much easier to find ppl. Anyway, in the end, I borrow some female dancers from fangjie, and edited the music to make it shorter. Took 2 months effort to come up with the dance, thanks gals for tolerating the dance! I am really bad with female choreography! LOL

Rulin keep contributing ideas and movement along the way, demonstrating dance steps. LOL, and yeah, the whole dance piece turn out to be quite interesting. Thks man. And becoz of the limited time we have, I just search and edit a Chinese synopsis from other ppl dance item, even though I dun really think it matches the dance.

By combining our choreography plus some dance steps I rip off from videos and some realli cool wushu's movement, we got ourself a new dance item! Oh YEAH!

And here is the Video! Enjoyed!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.

 

continuous

1-BottomFrame

melodic

2-BottomFrame

motions

4-BottomFrame